5 Highly Effective Tips for Annotating Reading Material
You know your son likes to read but fails to earn top grades on simple English class reading quizzes; how can you help him turn his genuine interest into better performance? Read on for some easy to use helpful reading tips!
- Summarize every paragraph or every chapter and write brief notes in the margins or in a notebook.
- Define vocabulary words – write down the definition. This will improve your understanding of the reading and increase your vocabulary.
- Mark “?” for questions or sentences you do not comprehend, then talk to your teacher or a trusted classmate about your questions.
- Write “I” for Interesting if an idea strikes you as unique or meaningful, then use this point in your class discussion.
- Discuss and casually talk about the reading material to confirm your understanding.
Want More Tips? We would love to share more with you! Email: email@example.com