Parents, do you want more information about college admission changes in 2020?
Returning to reality after a holiday can be challenging, but it’s even more difficult when that reality involves a global pandemic. As you start your week and readjust to your routine following the 4th of July holiday, here are some updates on how Clemson University is supporting prospective students throughout the admissions process.
According to the Clemson undergraduate admissions website, students have the option to apply through the Coalition application or the Clemson application. Interviews are not required, but test scores are mandatory. Students are encouraged to apply by the priority application deadline, Dec. 1, but the application does remain open until May 1. Decisions are released starting May 1.
Admissions officers consider applicants based on the following criteria:
- Class standing
- Standardized Test Scores (SAT or ACT)
- High school curriculum
- Choice of major
Exceptions to the usual admissions process will be determined on a case by case basis. From the COVID-19 FAQ page, students can contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding their applications, especially if there is any concern regarding transcripts, SAT/ACT scores, and AP scores.
Clemson also offers the following virtual resources to prospective students:
- Virtual Office Hours – hosted by undergraduate admissions counselors M-F/10am – 4pm. Students can ask questions about Clemson and the application process. Questions you may have include:
- How much more weight does the college application essay have this year?
- What can I include in my college application essay to help me stand out?
- How can I make my college application essay the best representation of myself for my major?
- Access to Regional Undergraduate Admissions Representatives – students are encouraged to email their representative with any questions about Clemson
- Virtual Visits – students can register for a virtual tour of the Clemson campus led by admissions counselors and student tour guides.
To access these resources visit the Clemson undergraduate admissions website.
Want more? Don’t forget to sign up for our email newsletter by scrolling to the bottom of this page and entering your name and email. Check out our social media platforms toofor more content!
Enjoy the rest of your week! See you next Monday!
*Moira Ritter is a junior at Georgetown University and looks forward to contributing her writing skills to Total Writing Enrichment this summer!