College Application Essay Tips
Given these times of uncertainty, learn what your junior can tackle now for upcoming college essay planning.
I so enjoyed my time with Ryan Clark, of Clark College Consulting as we discussed these tips:
- Note which colleges you are planning on applying to next year.
- Find out if the colleges use the common application, the coalition application, or their online school application.
- What are the college essay expectations for each school on your list? Are there any supplemental essays required in addition to the personal statement for each school on your list?
- Know how many are required and how many are “optional.”
- Can you leverage or use the same essay for multiple colleges, especially the supplemental essays?
- Write down your Top 10 Qualities, Characteristics, or Strengths.
i.e., Google “20 best characteristic traits” for suggestions to consider.
- Read the college Mission Statement and Motto to find words, phrases, or characteristics that the schools hold in high regard.
If you KNOW your teen would like detailed, helpful guidance on upcoming college admission essay, then let’s get those juniors going and start brainstorming ideas! Learn more –>>>>
How to Write Outstanding College Admission Essays.
Until next time, Amy ♥